Saturday 26 October 2013

Review: MAC Matchmaster Foundation



Forgive me MAC, for I have sinned.

So a couple of years ago I renounced all MAC foundations after I had a TERRIBLE experience with their Mineralize foundation. But after discovering their Matchmaster foundation, I can't believe that I wasted my time on anything else!

Matchmaster retails for £27 and comes in 13 different shades...which to be honest doesn't sound like a lot. Maybe I'm just really fortunate to have found my exact shade. I tried shade 8.0 at first which was a touch too dark. I then tried shade 7.5 which melted into my skin straight away with minimal blending. MAC describes this as being a medium coverage foundation, that easily adjusts to your skin tone with a demi-matte finish. And I have to say that after months of searching for the perfect light foundation for oily skin, I have found a winner.

Review after the pics!








So...here we go! If you have oily/combination skin like me, this is one of the best foundations you could ever buy. I usually find myself having to use my MAC blotting powder at least three times a day in order to keep my shiny face under control. However, when using Matchmaster I used it once, and that was really just for my nose. It really does do what it says on the tin. It's super easy to apply ( I use my Real Techniques foundation brush) and dries really quickly. It doesn't need really any blending at all and left my skin looking really natural. When I touched my face hardly any came off on my fingers (which is a pet peeve of mine). The only thing that some people may not like about this finish is that it's pretty matte, so if you like a dewy finish then stay well clear. I also love that it's a pump bottle and only a little comes out a time. I use two small pumps which is definitely enough for the whole face. The only other thing that I can say it that I'm in lust with this foundation and go pick up your samples now! lol

If you want to ask anything I haven't covered in this post, then just leave your comments below!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...