Tuesday 5 March 2013

Soap & Glor(ious)


Hey guys! 

You know that saying "black don't crack"? Well I'm starting to think that saying really doesn't apply to me! Lol. The winter weather has been abusing my skin, so I thought it best that I finally spend some money on skincare, rather than on all the things that make my skin worse...namely doughnuts and make-up lol. After reading quite a few blogs recently, and seeing Soap & Glory featured SO MUCH, I thought I should finally give it a try. 

I'd seen it in Boots over the years, seen how much it cost and thought it was overpriced because of the pretty bottles they packaged their products in. But once again I was very wrong and the two products I've tried so far is definitely worth the money. I bought...


Soap & Glory 'The Righteous Butter' - £10.50

Ok I know this is meant to be used on the body and not the face, but I couldn't resist using it on both! When I've been applying my foundation it's really highlighted the dry patches on my face so I needed a cream that would not only disguise it, keep my skin hydrated. It's so thick, so really the perfect consistency for dry skin. It's got a sweet but 'fresh' smell if that makes any sense. You can tell that it's not pumped full of artificial smells and I can still smell it on my skin hours later! Also, I applied this at 6:30 this morning and my skin still feels really 'juicy'. Usually at this time of day I'd be lathering myself with my third lot of lotion lol.




Soap & Glory 'Sugar Crush' Body Wash - £6.50

 I didn't go into Boots with the intention of buying shower gel, but it was only £6.50 for this massive bottle so I thought 'why the hell not'? (Plus, as I found out this morning, a little goes a long way). I love the citrusy smell of this body wash and it definitely left me feeling more awake after starting my shower still half asleep at 6am. Because of the inclusion of citrus in this body wash, I really didn't expect it to be that moisturising, but I was pleasantly surprised. I would honestly say to get this, if only for the fact that it will wake you up faster than your alarm clock ever did lol.





The Sanctuary Hot Sugar Scrub - £9.99

Since Boots were doing a 3 for 2 deal, I decided to pick this up too. I know exfoliators like this can be made at home but I've tried it before and it's just MESSY (is that just me?) I thought I'd save myself the trouble and just buy it pre-packaged. Although this came with an explicit warning to not use it on the face, being the rebel that I am...that's exactly what I did lol. However, I did used less of it since raw skin is was definitely not the look I was going for. There's not much I can say about this. Am I the only person that finds it hard to get super excited about exfoliators? It does exactly what it says on the tin and smells really nice. I would also recommend using this as a lip exfoliator as this is where I saw the biggest difference.







What are your favourite Soap & Glory Products? Let me know :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...