Sunday 18 November 2012

Essentials.

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since you've heard from me but I'm back with a brand new blog, and I'll be updating you all regularly with what's going on in my life. Although it pretty much involves me living in Superdrug and River Island, I will try and make it look as fancy as possible lol. 

The name of my blog is pretty strange, but I called it 'Lipstick For Dessert' because lipstick pretty much dominates my beauty regime and my entire life (slight exaggeration). Put a slice of chocolate cake or Ruby Woo in front of me and I can guarantee you that I'd choose the lipstick every time! 

I know I should probably start this all off with a bang, but my first post is about some of the essentials I picked up yesterday. And when I say essentials, I mean those beauty items that you really need in order to look human but still resent spending money on.

So here goes!



I needed a new pair of straighteners because the Toni & Guy ones that I've had for around a year now stopped heating up effectively. I would do around half of my head and then I would no longer feel the heat, and it would take a couple of minutes just to get one piece of hair completely straight.

*Ain't nobody got time for that*

So I took my lazy self off to Argos and bought these Remington Sleek & Smooth Wide Straighteners. I bought them for a couple of reasons; the first being that they were on sale for £31.44, down from £36.99. The second reason for my purchase is that they are wide and this will hopefully speed up the time it takes to straighten my 20" weave lol.

I've also had quite a few problems with my weave frizzing up during the day, even after I've straightened it. So I decided to buy John Frieda Frizz Ease 3-day Straight (£6.99) for use straight after washing and the Frizz Ease Perfecting Cremé (£5.69) for use during the day when my hair gets unruly. However, Superdrug are currently doing a deal where you can get two John Frieda products (along with some others) for only £7.49. I'll let you know how I get along with these products in a new post in the next couple of weeks.


Next up...














I've actually never used the MUA Eyeshadow Primer before but I've heard really good things about it. And I really wanted to test it out before I spent massive amounts on the Urban Decay or Smashbox ones.

I also topped up on my GOSH Long Lasting Eyebrow Pen which had just run out. This is the best product I have ever used on my eyebrows. It's so easy to apply, dries very quickly, it lasts all day and most importantly of all...you don't need to sharpen it. I'm the queen of losing/breaking/jamming sharpeners so this really is a god send.

*Just to let you know that Superdrug is currently doing a 3 for 2 offer on ALL of their cosmetics. The third item I picked up was a clear lipgloss from 2true but I didn't really see a point of me blogging it. 

The final item I purchased was a new pair of tweezers. Anyone who plucks their own eyebrows knows how important a sharp pair of tweezers are. If they're dull they may as well not be in your make-up bag. I know most people go to get their eyebrows threaded, but since that would mean me having to leave the house without my eyebrows done, I tend not to lol.


And that's all folks. Thanks for reading and let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...